Thursday 25 November 2010

Carine Gilson

Yes yes, 'Lingerie Couture' if ever there was. I'm sure alot of people know who this bird is, but I didnt, quite simply until I looked at lingerie on Net-a-porter, went to subtitle Bras, then set price from high to low, and took a glance at the first avaliable product. There stood was two of Carine Gilson's bras. Now Net-a-porter only sell 3 items from her, two luxury brassieres and one classified 'basic', but coming in still at a whopping £245 it really can't be that adequate. Enough of money. The cost is irrelevant as although I found Gilson and fell for Gilson when I purposely set out to look for what I can only call 'The most expensive bra, ever' I fell in love with her work and looked into it in much more detail. On NAP (which is what I'm going to refer to Net-a-porter as because I'm getting very lazy and its 9:54pm so I should probably be getting some beauty sleep now). 

So yes, on NAP they sell a Gilson bra in the most stunning orange I have ever seen. I can only liken it to images I have seen of the sunset in safari photos, and it's just remarkable and would look angelic on both pale or very tanned skin. What is more interesting about it though is the shape. Not your ordinary orange bra, no no. It's more of a half cup shelf. There is a horizontal line running across at about nips' height and then lace above and it creates such a f*cking jaw f*cking dropping neck line that makes you think 'yes thats why its this colour, it really is a cracking sun set in this bra'. Quite perverted, but I think that lingerie is not actually always about someone seeing you wearing it. In fact if it was I think my mother would be worried about how much I love underwear, because really it's just about the plain f*cking beauty of the product and not totally the beauty it creates when on. I think I'm contradicting myself more than is possible right now, but really. This bra. Un shagging real. I'm sorry I've mainly spoken about one bra but I really am in awe of it. On other notes there are some other beautiful items, particularly in her latest collection which really follows the current trends in fashion that I like to refer to as the 'Poo colours', (you know; browns, mustards, pooey colours indeed) with a hundred differnt styles ranging from demi-cups to triangle bits and all sorts. (on the Gilson website if one looks at winter 08-09 one can see the orange beauty bra also comes in a stunning red. oh it just gets better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment