Thursday 25 November 2010

Danielle Scutt (no mate, not Scott)
A new fave of mine.. (not that she is exactly a new designer but new-ish compared to say Chanel, and new in line in my list of loves). Anyways..... Very innovative. Very geometric come messy infusion. Very exciting. Very expensive. Very highly saught after, showcasing in London Fashion Week and creating some of the most incredible collections I've set my eyes on in a while. A/W 2010's collection, so the most recent, enhances shoulders and just generally the upper body. The clothes create the much desired look by probably every woman in the world (that has any idea about anything), where spindly legs emerge from a large, oversized, jacket/coat/mohair cape that literally screams 'I'm so f*cking warm right now', and pretty much just intensifies the models legs making them look like a bloody gorgeous version of the grasshopper from james and the giant peach. Her first 2008 collection is very lingerie-esque (if that even is a word) and displays a bunch of heavenly stuff that you just wouldn't know whether to categorize as couture or undergarments. I love that! The confusion is incredible, it's undoubtedly sexy, and I would wear all of it on every occasion. Below is a picture of some of her work, I'm an idiot and I dont know what collection it's from, nor do I really care. All i know is I simply love the extended length- above the knee look, absolutely lick all of the necklines, all of the shapes, and find the contrast of eg: a simple grey cashmere sweater with a huge floaty skirt fucking beautiful.
Danielle Scutt is fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment