Tuesday 22 March 2011

Opinion on this

It's Louis Vuitton. And actually, I don't like it. If I'm to be honest - I'm scared of it. Its f*cking horrible. The colours are hideous and the single, perfectly veiled eye contributes to a hair-raising and frightening air that almost suggests that this model is in fact not a woman, but a vampire. To completely contradict myself I might also mention that she still looks sexy and probably she could wear her hair like that and dress in a bag and still look incredible, but as an overall look I might give it a 6 out of 10. Quite measely really. My initial reaction though isnt actually to just sit and slate the ensemble. Of course opinions are our own, should sometimes be kept our own and we should not thrust them upon someone so vulgarly. It is distasteful and now I will apologize. (Sorry.) The thing is Marc Jacobs actually creates wine from water. Who else would be able to create such a current and wearable oriental kimono and then fused it with a zebra. I still believe maybe the colours are not the greatest choice, I can't help but think when I look at the jacket that he might have been drunk when he chose the material samples- I wont change my mind on that. But if, say; the zebra remained its traditional black and white and sat on a white kimono (rather than a purple one) the kimono might well be a little more, dare I say it; appealing. On the whole the outfit, although rather colourful, remains elegant and has what can only be described as a beautiful cut. The stylist clearly got it right with the shoes-Of course they got it right, it's their job to get it right.-Making sure that they drew no attention away from the rest of the outfit. If you look away, then back at the image, the first thing you notice suprisingly is the button. Almost tantalizing for a small, petit black button to be so outrageously overpowering and to break down such a heavy and boystrous print. I believe that some people, when  I say some people I mean predominantly Men and then perhaps Women lacking in an eye for detail might not realise that the jacket has a zebra on it at all. It's not a normal zebra so it is not unthinkable to imagine that this mistake could take place. On the whole the image is a bit of a tease. For me I'm almost just as interested in the other models on the runway in the distance than the one in the forefront of the stage. Did I mention the brass trousers? No I don't think I did. Well from careful inspection of the jacket and acknowledging there is only one button I would think that as the model took steps forward you could see more of the trousers. I said the image was teasing and this is because it gives you the capacity to really let your imagination rawr with ideas on how the trousers might look above the line of the jacket. Personally I like to think slightly gathered, maybe a bit tailored with a soft seam down the front and a high waist. I suppose unless I meet the trousers I shant ever know. It's nice to conceptualize though, after all. Another thing the jacket reminds me of is The Lion King. Oriental come African?? The marble floor for me represents a cracked dried out piece of land but due to its reflective nature also emphasises everything each  and every model is wearing. Spectacular(ly ugly).

No comments:

Post a Comment