Monday 28 February 2011

MAGZ wot i like

I'm going to pretend Tatler, Elle, Vogue, major fashion magazines etc. don’t exist. 

So; my number one favourite magazine is Grazia. I'm at college doing a foundation year majoring in Fashion so therefore I am a fashion designer. I can put pen to paper just as well as any other human being so therefore I feel my opinion here is most certainly valid. I think Grazia gives buckets of direction and inspiration because it's got such a wide range of goodies inside it. Something which removes it from the fashion Goddess' such as Vogue, Elle and Tatler, although all three are probably just as inspiring,  is that it's a weekly magazine. And each week it never dissappoints. I think it has such a great mixture of world issues which every fashion designer should take an interest in and reflect their work upon every once in a while, current trends, highstreet and designer fashion, and what we, the people on the streets are wearing. My favourite page actually is without question the pictures of people who have been photographed on the street. Other than all that it has great competitions on the back page. 

My second choice would have to be the Net-a-porter online magazine. There is nothing better than embracing the online hype and therefore what better online glossy (but not literally) is there than net-a-porter. I live by the rule that if it can be found, sold, or potentially be seen on net-a-porter, its worth knowing about. Other than the fashion houses which are just too good to be sold on net-a-porter and quite honestly don’t need the extra outlet, net-a-porter's sells everyone worthy of our time and this reflects in the magazine. Even though it is online it still maintains the traits of a normal mag such as adverts but unlike the big fashion ones it isnt absolutely over flowing with countless ad campaigns.The layouts are fun and the magazine covers everything a fashion diva might want to know ranging from the top 10 key closet items to the A-Z of style. There have been a few times now where I have found myself blogging just about how inspiring a page on the magazine was. 

My third choice is Tank magazine. It's got those sort of pictures in it that you look at and just think- Why can't I take a photo like that? It’s a seasonal magazine coming out only 4 times a year and I believe it to be directional for a fashion designer because it shows fashion as an art. It's got humour and once read you genuinely feel fond of the magazine because of its quirky scene and  "articulate and original style". The articles in it are sometimes heart rendering and sometimes trivial but it just has that air of likeability to it which I think rubs off on the reader giving them the inspiration they need. I love anything that can talk about something miserable and find a cheery aspect to it which Tank does when it talks about art. It’s a truly inspirational magazine.



No comments:

Post a Comment